Author Topic: Who's going to the Dayton Hamvention in 2014?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline KC9ONY

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Who's going to the Dayton Hamvention in 2014?
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
Who is going to the Dayton Hamvention this year?
How long are you staying?    Where are you staying?
What is the typical cost of housing?
What are the total expenses of the trip?

Obviously, I am considering going this year.

Tom KC9ONY
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:13:03 PM by KC9ONY »

Offline N9LOO

• Administrator
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
Who's going to the Dayton Hamvention in 2014?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
My wife and I are going to Hamvention this year.  We are staying in Beavercreek which is just a bit SE of Dayton.  We head out Thursday morning and plan on leaving Sunday midday.  Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door which is good for the three day event.  So other than food, gas, hotel and spending money it's not too bad.

Last year I went down with Nels and company.  He books rooms in New Paris, OH (just on the state line) and gets some pretty nice deals on the rooms.

See you there,
Brian
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:31:25 PM by N9LOO »

Offline WA9JOB

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who's going to the Dayton Hamvention in 2014?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
It's that time of the year again!  I am getting a list together for rooms wanted, for our annual trip to Dayton.  The dates are May 16, 17, and 18.

We have been staying at the Fairfield Inn, New Paris, Ohio for many years.  This hotel is modern, and is located just outside Richmond, Indiana.  For the last few years, the cost has been about $82.00 per night, three nights being about $250.00 including tax.  I don't know what their rates will be this year, but it is a great price for the room and hot breakfast it offers.  One other feature is restaurants in the Richmond, IN area are busy, but not overcrowded with so many 'Hams'!

I need to reserve the rooms by the end of February to get a group rate as before.  Please let me know soon if you are interested.  All rooms are two queen size beds, so let me know who you wish to share if you like.

I also try to keep track of who is carpooling.  In the past, Gabe Chido has been taking three of us, Tom Ruhlmann takes five, or six, and others have also driven.  Let me know if you would like to carpool, or drive and share expenses.

The Fleamarket spot that was originally Dave Knaus' and taken over by me, has once again changed hands.  It now is assigned to ORC!  Ed Rate is negotiating to expand the site to include adjacent spots and be given the Club rate.  As it is now, we can only get two Fleamarket tickets, but we may be able to get more if the space is expanded.  For that reason, I am not ordering tickets at this time, but will probably order some later on.  Advance tickets cost $20.00, and $25.00 at the Hamvention.  Let me know if you would like to buy a ticket.

73, Nels....
Nels Harvey WA9JOB
The Jolly Ole Bootlegger