Author Topic: New digital name badge 6 character Technnichican ready badge  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Dan Monday KY4JLY

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Red LED Name Badge Tag Sign Display Programmable Message moving scrolling
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271297794818
anandabusiness

They have an auction for $2 less but is the only display that will hold 6 digits without scrolling perfect for the first time tech class licence for the digital age!

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New digital name badge 6 character Technnichican ready badge
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
Interesting find.   Several years ago, my elmer and I purchased some scrolling badges.   I'll have
to see if I can find what I did with it.   The one I have is not rechargeable, but runs off of common
computer or watch batteries of the CR2032 type.    It is programmable by computer.   I'll bet I
paid about $40 for it at a hamfest no less!    I think the company went out of business last time I
looked.

If I remember correctly, the one my elmer bought had a way of changing to another memory or two.
Mine was just one at a time.   I sure can't remember the number of characters it would display.
There were some that came out after that with the ability to flash the LEDs instead of just scrolling.

It's bugging me that I can't remember the name of the company...or where I put that thing.   :-[

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:39:49 PM »
The cheaper ones for $6 has  less led matrix less characters great for general or extra. I just did not like the watch battery / non-rechargeable, you you would need a box of batteries.  The link was for $20 and quite bright,
technician class without the need to scroll off the sides. :)

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
I agree about the batteries.   What would be neat is if you could change the message via bluetooth
from a smartphone instead of connecting to a computer.   Of course, what would happen if someone
closeby hacked into your bluetooth signal?   :o

Offline N9LOO

• ORC Member
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
I like the idea of being able to change/update the message via BT.  Security can be setup for needing a password for most BT devices before they will pair-up.

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
the badges are usb programming and charging, so if your phone needs an otg cable, one just needs the android apk to program it.