Author Topic: Heathkit SB-220 for Sale  (Read 6217 times)

Offline W9KR

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Heathkit SB-220 for Sale
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »
images for the Heathkit SB-220 are attached

Hello to All:

Yesterday Gary, K9DJT & myself tested the Heathkit SB-220 linear that was donated to the club by Leon, K9GCF (SK). 
At this time we can say that the linear works perfectly and will be a good buy for anyone in the club.

Leon had done a number of proven enhancements to this linear, as listed below:

•   Installed a new set of HV capacitors, using Harbach kit FB-220
•   Installed a new rectifier and metering board, Harbach kit RM-220
•   Installed a Harbach soft key board, kit SK-220
•   Installed a Harbach soft start module, kit SS-221
•   Installed a new set of RF Parts 3-500ZG tubes on May 20, 2011
•   
Check out the kits at the Harbach web site:     http://harbachelectronics.com/

We tested the linear and found it took 60 watts to drive it to slightly more than rated output.  So it is our feeling that the tubes are in excellent condition.  The transmitter itself is close to spotless condition, it was well taken care of.  Front panel, knobs and meters all look brand new, two small scratches were found on the left side of the cabinet.  Other than that, in beautiful condition.

If anyone in the club wants pictures, simply contact me and I will send the 8 or 9 that I took, with the covers both on and off.  If no one is interested, it will be listed on ebay for $700 on 10/18/2014.  As club member can purchase this item for a lower price, make an offer to Tom Ruhlmann and discuss it with him from that point on—Good Luck!

It comes with a 100% complete manual, and all literature is also present for all of the Harbach modification kits that have been installed.  There is also a letter written by Leon documenting the changes, one by one. There is another brand new, unopened parasitic suppressor kit that is included, but not installed.  It is designed and made by Richard Measures, AG6K.

You can also stop by and look the amp at my home address, if that would be of interest.

Thanks,

Chuck Curran  W9KR

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Heathkit SB-220 for Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures Chuck!
It looks like a really nice linear amplifier.

Tom KC9ONY

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Heathkit SB-220 for Sale ****SOLD****
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Chuck reports that this amplifier has been sold.
Thanks for looking!

Tom KC9ONY