Author Topic: Free Ham Radio Deluxe downloads  (Read 1674 times)

Offline K9VIN

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Free Ham Radio Deluxe downloads
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »
I believe I just stumbled upon Simon Brown's server where older versions of HRD are available, however not supported. 
http://www.iw5edi.com/software/ham-radio-deluxe-5-download-links

I intend to download and play with it a bit.  I am also intending to run this under Wine on a Ubuntu machine in my shack.

I have no clue how to do either at this point, but If I can get this working, I will gladly pay $100 for a copy if I know it works on my machine.

I intend to download and play with it a bit.  I am also intending to run this under Wine on a Ubuntu machine in my shack.

I have no clue how to do either at this point, but If I can get this working, I will gladly pay $100 for a copy if I know it works on my machine.

Anyone have any Linux tips?

Tx
K9VIN

Offline K9VIN

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Free Ham Radio Deluxe downloads
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »
More linux struggles.   I am in over my head  :P

Ubuntu 14.? is installed on a Dell machine and works great, but no driver for the Serial port, which is how HRD communicates to the Radio. so no-go.

Next I bought a usb-Serial adapter cable, and while Ubuntu sees the cable, HRD running under WINE does not see it as a COM port option .

My next thought is to buy a Serial Card with Linux Drivers and cross my finders.

Otherwise, I may have to use an antique XP machine, that I really dont want to.

Oh and I dont have any Windows software to load to the machine, to make it a dual boot machine.

Any body have any thoughts?    I dont do 'wrappers' or Kernels   :-X

Over my head,
Kevin