Author Topic: Arduino Clock  (Read 3562 times)

Offline N9LOO

• ORC Member
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
Arduino Clock
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
Here's a picture of the Arduino clock that I built and showed at the ORC meetings a while back.

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Arduino Clock
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:49:25 AM »
That is/was a nice project Brian.   I see that the latest QST has an Arduino project in there as well.
Not sure I understand what it all can do.    Also, what was that expander board that Gary, W9XT
was talking about at the club meeting last night?

Offline N9LOO

• ORC Member
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »
That is/was a nice project Brian.   I see that the latest QST has an Arduino project in there as well.
Not sure I understand what it all can do.    Also, what was that expander board that Gary, W9XT
was talking about at the club meeting last night?
Gary, of course, can answer when he's online but from what he told me it's a digital I/O expander that can be stacked so there's the potential of having an extra 128 pins that could be used on the Arduino instead of the 16/32 that's normally available (depending on version).

Offline KC9ONY

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
While at the Madison hamfest, I bought the ARRL Arduino book.   It normally sells for $34.95.
I see on the ARRL site, a member price would be $29.95.    The guy selling them at the hamfest
sold for $25.00.   Nice color jacket, but only black and white pics inside!   Oh well, I'm still a long
way from actually buying one and finding a project that I want for it.   

I did talk to someone at the hamfest about the Raspberry Pi computer and his use for D-STAR.
I'm still a long way from understanding that computer as well.

Offline N9LOO

• ORC Member
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
While at the Madison hamfest, I bought the ARRL Arduino book.   It normally sells for $34.95.
I see on the ARRL site, a member price would be $29.95.    The guy selling them at the hamfest
sold for $25.00.   Nice color jacket, but only black and white pics inside!   Oh well, I'm still a long
way from actually buying one and finding a project that I want for it.   

I did talk to someone at the hamfest about the Raspberry Pi computer and his use for D-STAR.
I'm still a long way from understanding that computer as well.
Good deal on the book.  I took a glance at it at AES Superfest but decided not too.  Perhaps I can thumb through it at the next meeting?

Brian - N9LOO