Author Topic: Starting w/ Arduino  (Read 2442 times)

Offline K9DJT

• ORC Member
  • ORC President
    • View Profile
    • QRZ Page
Starting w/ Arduino
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Well, I received my Arduino and the Arduino Cookbook yesterday.  The book is just what I was looking for.  I'll bring it to Dayton, if anyone is interested in looking at it.

Loaded the IDE and broad drivers without any problem.  At this point I ran the "Blink" sketch, and even modified the timing of it.  I'm sure all of you are saying, "Whoa..."  :)  Anyway, it's a start.  I think it will be fun!

73, Gary
K9DJT

Offline W9XT

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Starting w/ Arduino
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:48:30 AM »
I'm glad you got an Arduino and started playing with it.  Play around with a few of the starting tutorials to get a feel for things.  Then find a project to do. I have found you really don't learn much about these things until you actually do a project.  If you are looking for information on interfacing external hardware to microcontrollers check out my series of tutorials on the subject at www.w9xt.com.  Go to the electronics page. A link to the tutorials is near the bottom.  It is generic to micros in general but there are some Arduino specific tips.
Gary, W9XT

Offline N9LOO

• Administrator
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
Enjoy experimenting with the Arduino Gary.  Keep us informed as to what you're tinkerin' with -- It's always fun to hear what others are doing.

Thanks for the link to your site Gary, W9XT, regarding your tutorials on micros.  Nice to see some real world tips from a pro.

Offline KC9ONY

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
Bringing up an old post.    ;)

I talked with Gary W9XT at the SEWFARS hamfest this past Sunday.   He was selling accessories
for the Arduino, but not the actual Arduino itself.    However, I should probably get off my duff
and buy one.   Then I could probably buy accessories once I figure out what I want or can do
with this board.   I looked at Gary's site a while ago, but should check it out again.