Author Topic: April 2013  (Read 2103 times)

Offline N9LOO

• Administrator
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
April 2013
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »
I thought Ted's presentation tonight on modern power plants was very informative and provided some great insight on what's all involved to provide electricity.  He mentioned that he'd share his Powerpoint presentation so I'll add it to the main website when I get a copy of it.

Offline KC9ONY

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
Re: April 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:42 AM »
Ted was great!   Those pics and graphics were very helpful.   We talked a little at John's
Pizzaria later on, and he briefly mentioned about power grid problems.    We have some smart
people in our club, if anyone didn't already know that.   ;)

Offline KC9TSO

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
I feel bad to miss this program. I hope it will get done again in the future. Would the powerpoint part of the presentation stand on its own or would he dialog be needed to make the presentation complete. Did anyone record it?

Offline N9LOO

• Administrator
  • "Lousy Old Operator"
    • View Profile
    • N9LOO website
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
I feel bad to miss this program. I hope it will get done again in the future. Would the powerpoint part of the presentation stand on its own or would he dialog be needed to make the presentation complete. Did anyone record it?
No one recorded it that I'm aware of.  The PPT has some great graphical representations of how a modern power plant operates.  Of course Ted added great commentary and a lot of good questions were asked and answered.

Offline KC9ONY

• ORC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
Perhaps we could see who has a decent camera for recording these, if the presenter doesn't mind.
Of course, some of the questions might be hard to pick up, depending on where the camera
would be placed.